Do you want to fundraise for the ‘Alternative Nobel Prize’?
Job Opening: Head of Fundraising
The Right Livelihood Award Foundation annually presents the so called ‘Alternative Nobel Prize’ to visionary changemakers providing exemplary solutions for a just, peaceful and sustainable world. The work of the foundation is mainly funded through private donations from high net-worth individuals in Switzerland, Germany and Sweden. To better utilise its full fundraising potential, the foundation is now hiring an experienced German-speaking fundraiser to be based in Zurich.
- Lead and develop the foundation’s fundraising process.
- Research new private potential donors and manage donor acquisition. Maintain contact with existing private donors and upgrade their donations.
- Develop and implement a strategy for bequests and capital donations.
- Analyse the success of methods applied. Develop new tactics and strategies where required.
Your role in the team
You will be an integral part of a highly motivated international team. As leader of the fundraising process, you will coordinate the fundraising with the leaders of other work processes such as communications or the award presentation.
You will report to the Executive Director. For the largest donors, your role will be to support the Executive Director’s personal contact with them. For medium-level donors, you will be the personal contact. For smaller donors, you will conceptualise and implement a more standardised contact with them, in coordination with the Director of Communications.
- Professional experience of fundraising with a focus on high net-worth individuals, including personal responsibility for donors.
- Professional experience of resources and techniques to identify potential donors in Switzerland and/or Germany.
- Proven sales talent in fundraising for a good cause.
- Familiarity with Switzerland, its customs and social codes.
- Full professional proficiency in German and English.
- Understanding of the work of Right Livelihood Award Laureates.
- Proven ability to write compelling fundraising copy.
- Professional experience of analysing the success of fundraising methods and strategies and reshaping them.
- IT skills: CRM software (e.g. Filemaker) and Microsoft Office mail-merge functions.
- Professional working proficiency in Swedish and/or French.
About the foundation
Established in 1980, the Right Livelihood Award honours and supports courageous people and organisations offering visionary and exemplary solutions to the root causes of global problems. In total, there are now 174 Laureates from 70 countries leading pioneering change across the globe.
The Right Livelihood Award Foundation sees its role as being the megaphone and shield for the Laureates, and provides them with long-term support. The Foundation seeks to create awareness about the Laureates and their work in order to inspire change. It helps protect those award recipients whose lives and liberty are at risk due to the nature of their activities.
The Foundation is a charity registered in Sweden with ten employees and offices in Stockholm and Geneva, and a support foundation with a shared office in Zurich.
Terms of employment
This is a permanent full-time position based in Zurich, with an initial three months probationary period. We will only consider applicants that already have the right to work in Switzerland.
Frequent travel in Switzerland and Germany will be required as part of the position.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
We use a competency-based process for this recruitment. Therefore, you will not be asked to attach your CV or a letter to your application. Instead we will ask you to complete the online application form (to assess the required qualifications listed above), and to submit a work sample (instructions for the work sample are outlined in the application form).
For questions about the application process, please contact Gunilla Kahm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are now closed.