Job Opening: Education Manager
Youth and Education, 21/05/2019
Would you like to work with developing an educational network with partners on all continents? Are you motivated to build links between academia and activism? Do you want to bring your vision of change and organisational talent to bear in a truly global project?
About the Foundation
Established in 1980, the Right Livelihood Award Foundation honours and supports courageous people and organisations offering visionary and exemplary solutions to the root causes of global problems. Its vision is a just, peaceful and sustainable world for all. In total, there are now 174 Laureates from 70 countries pioneering change across the globe.
In addition to the annual Awards, the Foundation provides Laureates with long-term support and spreads information about their work in the media. In the framework of the Right Livelihood College network, the foundation cooperates with nine universities on all continents and one global university network. By linking young academics and civil society organisations with Award recipients, the College spreads awareness about and further expands the pioneering work of the Laureates of the Right Livelihood Award.The Foundation is a charity registered in Sweden with eleven employees and offices in Stockholm and Geneva.
About the position
The Foundation is hiring an Education Manager to oversee and develop our education work with universities around the world. You will be an integral part of a highly motivated international team. As leader of the education work process, you will coordinate your work with the leaders of other work processes such as communications or Laureate support.
You will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Global Secretariat of the Right Livelihood College based at the University of Bonn.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and develop the Foundation’s education process.
- Ensure quality and support the development of activities within the Right Livelihood College network.
- Manage and negotiate partnership agreements with university partners in the Right Livelihood College network and introduce new partners into the network.
- Coordinate the development of the recently established partnership with the Global Campus of Human Rights.
- In collaboration with the Global Secretariat of the Right Livelihood College, facilitate internal communication and networking between its participating universities.
- Support the Global Secretariat and Campuses of the Right Livelihood College in fundraising for their activities.
- Experience of coordinating and developing networks for social change.
- Experience within academic systems and understanding of science administration.
- Professional experience with project management in an intercultural and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Understanding of the work of Right Livelihood Award Laureates.
- Academic degree on Master’s level or higher with above average results.
- Professional experience with facilitating meetings and working groups.
- Professional experience with institutional fundraising and/or reporting.
- Professional working proficiency in Spanish and/or French.
Terms of employment
This is a permanent full-time position based in Geneva, with an initial three months probationary period. We will only consider applicants that already have the right to work in Switzerland. Occasional international travel will be required as part of the position. Starting date: As soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
We use a competency-based process for this recruitment. Therefore, you will not be asked to attach your CV or a letter to your application. Instead, we ask you to complete the online application form accessed through the link below (to assess the required qualifications listed above), and to submit a specific work sample (instructions for the work sample are outlined in the application form).
If you have further questions about the position, please contact Alessandra Canova, Head of Laureate Cooperation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41-22-555 09 55. For questions about the application process, please contact Gunilla Kahm at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 10 June 2019.