Join our team as the Head of Planning (Maternity Cover)
Are you motivated to develop effective routines in a small but growing international team? Do you want to inspire other team members to actively participate in change processes? Do you believe in supporting an organisation that strives for a just, peaceful and sustainable world for all?
About the position
To cover the maternity leave of one of our employees, the Foundation is hiring an experienced Head of Planning to be based in Stockholm. You will play a key part in coordinating the work of a highly motivated international team. Your role will be to lead our cross-cutting work processes, such as planning, financial control, human resources, (IT) systems, and our offices.
You will report to the Executive Director and work closely with your Geneva-based counterpart. Your work will be supported by our Management Coordinator and a small finance team. You will also work closely with other team members, external consultants and experts.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and develop internal planning and evaluation processes in the team, and inspire the team to engage in developing the organisation;
- Ensure quality control in the accounting and financial planning, including being the direct link between the finance team and other staff;
- Coordinate recruiting of new staff members and trainees;
- Develop and implement staff policies and routines for both offices;
- Oversee and develop the use of IT-related systems (such as the contact management database or shared calendars) in coordination with external IT support;
- Ensure an effective work environment and oversee the maintenance of the foundation’s house in Stockholm, with support from our facility consultant.
- Professional experience of team leadership and development.
- Professional experience with process management in a growing organisation.
- Professional experience with financial control.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Swedish.
- Professional experience of administrative work.
- Advanced user and administrator of IT systems and standard office software, ideally in a Mac environment.
- Professional working proficiency in German and/or French.
- Understanding of the work of Right Livelihood Award Laureates.
About the foundation
Established in 1980, the Right Livelihood Award honours and supports courageous people and organisations offering visionary and exemplary solutions to the root causes of global problems. In total, there are now 174 Laureates from 70 countries leading pioneering change across the globe.
The Right Livelihood Award Foundation sees its role as being the megaphone and shield for the Laureates, and provides them with long-term support. The Foundation seeks to create awareness about the Laureates and their work in order to inspire change. It helps protect those award recipients whose lives and liberty are at risk due to the nature of their activities.
The Foundation is a charity registered in Sweden with ten employees and offices in Stockholm and Geneva, and a support foundation in Zurich.
Terms of employment
This is a temporary substitute position (“vikariat”) during the parental leave of one of our employees, starting 1 May 2019 and for a period of 10-12 months. The position is based in Stockholm. Occasional travel to Geneva will be required as part of the position.
HOW TO APPLY
We use a competency-based process for this recruitment. Therefore, you will not be asked to attach your CV or a letter to your application. Instead we ask you to complete the online application form (to assess the required qualifications listed above), and to submit a work sample (instructions for the work sample are outlined in the application form).
If you have further questions about the position, please contact Steffi Geilhof, Head of Planning and Education at email@example.com or call +46-8-7020339. For questions about the application process, please contact Gunilla Kahm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications is 19 March 2019.